Please see our detailed galleries below:
The Clients of the 1927 Beaches house were facing challenges for daily life needs of a growing family. The challenges being low functionality of the spaces for daily living needs coupled with conditions requiring constant repair / maintenance.
Client’s goal was to ‘’Make the space creative and functional to suit their needs within the same footprint on the property ‘’ and ‘’Enhance lifestyle and overall comfort level’’.
Though all areas of the house have under gone successful renovation for functionality, aesthetic and comfort equally, the following are highlights:
- Ceiling height of 6’-3” and small space for recreation was limiting factor. We achieved desired functionality by underpinning to gain an 8’-6” ceiling height, as well as expansion to floor plate with an addition under front porch for Exercise and Music rooms, and digging out an existing crawl space for a new walkout creating a Mud room. Other defined spaces included, 3 pc. Bathroom, Mechanical room, small work shop and large Recreation space.
- The open concept original space with poor definition as to which room was which lacked balance for function, interaction and aesthetic.
- Floor was space planned with a change of stair location to create a wider Entry foyer with ample storage closets. Fire place is the focal point of Living room, Dining is bigger with modified Bay window also defined by ceiling feature. Redesigned Kitchen with Eat in function allows for more better storage and efficiency.
Exterior / Addition / expansion:
- Additions on the 2nd and 3rd floors are carefully crafted not only to enhance the Architecture but also provides space efficiency to its respective function.
- 2nd Floor – 3 equal sized Bedrooms with large closets, open concept Office with access to balcony, Laundry room, 4 pc. Bathroom and Mechanical room.
- 3rd Floor – His and Her’s walk in closets, extra built in storage space, addition to rear of house accommodates 5 pc. Ensuite Bath (original 2 separate bathroom were not functional), walk out terrace, and large sleeping area.
AWARDS: ONTARIO HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION – 2010
Most Outstanding Home Renovation : Over $500,000.
BILD – 2011, FINALIST
Best Renovation more than $500,000.